100th Anniversary Exhibit Cases

General Pyrex Topics and Q&A
Doug D.
Site Admin

100th Anniversary Exhibit Cases

Post by Doug D. »

This came up in a search of pyrex.cmog.org, and I'm not sure where exactly it's supposed to accessed from on their site. Anyway, it's a gallery of annotated photos of the display cases and their contents. My understanding is that the majority of pieces were from the Dianne Williams collection the museum acquired. Dianne and I both signed up for the exhibit tour during seminar, she mainly to see her former collection on display. I ended up being able to have some one on one time talking with her about various pieces. Hard to believe it's been a year ago this week.

http://pyrex.cmog.org/case/case-1

Hover over and click on pieces for a descriptive pop-up.
Bonnie Scott

Re: 100th Anniversary Exhibit Cases

Post by Bonnie Scott »

The "White Pyrex" on the top shelf of the first page makes my mouth water. I need that one.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

Doug, I wanted to share this link with Michael because I love the way you can just hover over each piece to get the description. It seems only the first display shelf is visible now. When I try to arrow over to the next display I get a blank page. Do you know what happened to the rest of the Pyrex?

I see now that it no longer gives the description either when I hover. :(
MDFraley

Post by MDFraley »

I noticed the same thing Bonnie and I figured I had a browser that wasn't compatible with the photos shown. I also only got a black square when I hovered over a piece but no description.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

Michael, did you see that aluminum roaster? I bet you could make that thing shine like new.