Most Recent Casserole Find

General Pyrex Topics and Q&A
Hannah Miller

Most Recent Casserole Find

Post by Hannah Miller »

As I have waited to post in the forum, I have been excited to share about my most recent post-Christmas find. I was in a small community thrift and antique shopping when my boyfriend and I spotted a small thrift store nearby the road. I was a little hesitant to go because the thrift store appeared to be a small house which was kind of odd to me. Reluctantly, I thought it might be interesting, and after all looks can be deceiving. Luckily they were! In a cluttered room, the first thing that caught my eye was a set of four "Old Orchard" mixing, nesting bowls for $30. I wasn't too impressed with the price although it was cheaper than I have ever seen. Due to the fact that personally I am uninterested in that pattern for my collection, I moved on. I began to search around some more, and two casserole dishes were tucked away in the corner. At first, I didn't think it was Pyrex because I had not seen the pattern before when I had been hunting, so I thought it would be FireKing. I looked and both of them were Pyrex. I really loved the colors but I was unsure of the pattern name and their worth. I had the shop owners hold the two 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 casserole dishes until I was able to stop at a bank and pick up cash. When we went back I had found that the pattern was called "New Holland". I was satisfied that she gave me them both for $20. I am adding an image from google of the promotional pieces. Let me know your opinions and feel free to share if we have the same pieces and if you have used yours.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23 ... 6f4280.jpg
Doug D.
Site Admin

Re: Most Recent Casserole Find

Post by Doug D. »

An excellent find for the price. Probably worth $50 or more in EX condition. They came as a set with a reversible cork trivet with indentations to fit either. Having the trivet would increase value.
Hannah Miller

Re: Most Recent Casserole Find

Post by Hannah Miller »

I read about the trivet online. Thanks for the tip; I might search for one separately!