1.5 Qt. Casserole Dish with Wooden Holder--Help!

General Pyrex Topics and Q&A
NoelleM

1.5 Qt. Casserole Dish with Wooden Holder--Help!

Post by NoelleM »

Hi everyone! I found this casserole dish with a wooden holder/carrier in my great-aunt's basement after she passed. I have been able to ID the dish itself as the 1.5 qt. casserole dish, circa 1945-1950 based on backstamp design. However, the wooden holder is throwing me off. It has a pumpkin design painted on it. The design is identical in the front and back. I have not found anything similar online so far. I am new to pyrex collecting, so I don't know the exact name of the wooden carrier or how to effectively search for it online.

I would appreciate any guidance on this piece. Based on the cost and effort involved to properly ship pyrex, I would like to get a rough idea of its value to determine if I should just keep it. Thanks!

You can view photos of the dish here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YsOze ... zgFu0G6r8X.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Re: 1.5 Qt. Casserole Dish with Wooden Holder--Help!

Post by Doug D. »

There were apparently enough companies that manufactured mounters, as they are called, and sourced Pyrex dishes to fit them that Corning published guides with exact dimensions of Pyrex casseroles in order to accommodate them. Without markings it's unlikely the maker can be determined.
NoelleM

Post by NoelleM »

Doug, thanks for your help! That's very interesting, and I will have to do more research on mounters. Do you know if they have any collector value?
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

Not that I'm aware of. Metal ones, especially if silver plated, might.