Mis-marked Pyrex bowl

General Pyrex Topics and Q&A
P_Keating

Re: Mis-marked Pyrex bowl

Post by P_Keating »

Well, that is some information at least to understand how it even happened. Not a unicorn, but not knowing when they discovered the error hard to say, like you said, how many went through. Still a one of a kind to me as I searched and there are not many out there. Maybe many were produced, but not many survived or are available. Thanks so much for all your help. I appreciate it.
P_Keating

Post by P_Keating »

Thought I had replied and sent a response, but I don't see it here. Many possibilities as to how this happened. They may have caught it before many were processed or maybe caught it after hundreds. No way of knowing, but I do know when researching it there are none out there with the exception of the Cinderella one you showed to me. So to me this is a unicorn :D I have contacted several people and also searched several sites. Have yet to see another one like the regular shaped bowl without the Cinderella handles. If others have survived the test of time, then maybe they will show up one day. Thank you so much for your help and answers. I really appreciate it.
P_Keating

Post by P_Keating »

I received a response from the Corning Ware Museum. She gave me several sites and references to check and she, herself, checked in various places. The ONLY one she could come up with was the same photo you had sent to me, so I am surprised they could not even provide another one in a photo that is the same as mine. I sent her a copy of mine. She really was at a loss as to how it would have occurred. She said the photo could have been a reversed one in the Cinderella as well, but offered no explanation as she really did not know. They were very kind to research everything they had there in their library. I really guess this one is a rare one. I hope another surfaces at some point. Glad I was lucky enough to find it. Somewhere, someone at this point should have turned up another one if there were several. For now I consider myself just lucky.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

It's obvious from photos including an entire set with a reversed 441 and a dealer's hang tag that the photo image is not flipped. By what mechanism the reversal occurred is not as important as the fact that it could and did occur. Since the process is an automated one, with hundreds of bowls passing down a screen printing line, the likelihood is that hundreds or more could exist, and their owners simply don't notice anything remarkable enough about them to share online.