Places to find Pyrex?

General Pyrex Topics and Q&A
Jared_P

Places to find Pyrex?

Post by Jared_P »

Hi All,

I've recently started collecting. Initially I found a couple pieces at a goodwill: butterprint butter dish and a 471 in turquoise. I also checked savers where I found primary color fridges. Recently I haven't found anything at other thrift stores. I wasn't looking to spent a lot of money, some on eBay are little pricey for me (plus I'm always down for the hunt). Does anyone have any suggestion of other places to look for pieces? Do you know if people trade pieces? If so, where? Any other tips for a new collector are welcome too! Thanks!
Doug D.
Site Admin

Re: Places to find Pyrex?

Post by Doug D. »

The BP butter dish is a lucky find.

There are some places that have organized swap meets, but unless you live reasonably nearby, might not be cost-effective to attend.

Perhaps you can get some ideas about where to look (or where not to) from:

http://www.pyrexcollector.com/hunting.php
MDFraley

Post by MDFraley »

I've had pretty good luck at estate sales. It's a hit and miss so don't be discouraged if you don't find something the first time. Yard sales are another place to look. If you don't see anything just ask the owner if they have anything. Sometimes they think it's not worth putting out and no one is interested.
Jared_P

Post by Jared_P »

Thanks for the tips. I went to a moving sale. I'll post what a picture of what I got!