Adventures in Pyrex

General Pyrex Topics and Q&A
Bonnie Scott

Adventures in Pyrex

Post by Bonnie Scott »

I picked up a rental car last night and this morning I am heading out for a hunt. I have scored some of my best deals on the back roads going through tiny towns so that is the route I am taking. This is probably going to turn into a two day hunt. :roll:
Bonnie Scott

Re: Adventures in Pyrex

Post by Bonnie Scott »

I stopped at a thrift store in Yarnell and my heart went pitter patter when I saw these little cuties. The number on the rim is 454 just like the Chevy. :o
I found a few other things included large and medium size fridgie lids for $1 each, a small gold ivy cinderella bowl and a fireking jadite cup and cereal bowl. Jessie kept the lids. I have to figure out what the ivy one is called.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

I tried to find information or another example of my little custard cups and couldn't find anything. I think it has more to do with me being the only person who thinks they are cool rather than them being rare.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

I'm thinking that has to be 424. French pattern round custard cup. 45x would have been an individual pie dish number, even though there was no 454. Earliest catalog I have showing it is dated 1926, and I know they went back at least to 1922 if not earlier. Not shown in a 1920 brochure. Not shown in the 1932 catalog, although the 425 and 426 still are.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

Yep, you are right. The numbers are so tiny I was mistaken.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

I found these 2 Jadeite dishes on my hunt, $5 each seemed reasonable for Jadeite.
http://i.imgur.com/Oig3Xhu.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

I found another one of these $ custard cups. This one has a 426 mark on it and is slightly larger. They had two but the other one had a chip in it :-(