Unusual Homestead

General Pyrex Topics and Q&A
Doug D.
Site Admin

Unusual Homestead

Post by Doug D. »

Not really a fan of the Homestead pattern, but thought this was interesting. It's a printed material order form produced at the time of the introduction of Homestead, but there's something odd. Can you tell what it is? The publication date code on the form indicates 1976.
homestead.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Re: Unusual Homestead

Post by Doug D. »

Here's a closer look.
homesteadcu.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

The pattern looks black but I think that is because of the black stove it is setting on. I don't notice anything else different, am I missing something?
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

It's definitely not "pioneer blue". And the bodies (and lids) are speckled (plus the date is 1976), so it's not the 1983 brown on flat beige version.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

I want to call that pattern a tan desert dawn. The desert dawn was really popular in southwest decor. I have found some like the ones in your picture and I have also found the plain ones like in this picture on pinterest. I'm not sure whether Desert Dawn is correct?
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/408209153699263273/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

That's usually referred to as undecorated Homestead. Desert Dawn was only in pink and yellow, and had come and gone long before Homestead.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

Found one of these today. The condition is like new. I rarely find a fridgie with a lid that is not chipped but this one isn't. I got the whole lot for 10$ I am not sure if the stand is Pyrex but the little brass ball feet reminded me of the UFO so I gave a quarter for it.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

Unusual Nouveau lid.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-CLEAR-GLAS ... 1775682849" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

Is this unusual?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Pyrex-C ... SwnNBXXe1X" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

Nevermind, I see it is the 1983 one. :oops: