Craigslist Ad

General Pyrex Topics and Q&A
Bonnie Scott

Craigslist Ad

Post by Bonnie Scott »

I found this ad on my local craigslist. I am interested in that square Pyrex because I don't have one of those. I have the oval but I am not sure if that one is the same size. The refrigerator dish at the bottom of the picture has me puzzled, I don't recognize it.
https://prescott.craigslist.org/hsh/5379942784.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bonnie Scott

Re: Craigslist Ad

Post by Bonnie Scott »

I am fairly certain I have the missing lid for one of the Hazel Atlas dishes. I just can't pass up lonely lids. :lol: The seller agreed to meet here in town so it looks like this lot will be mine.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

Would still like to find some of those "in-between" refrigerator dishes with the lids that say PYREX on them. Talked a little bit about them with Allison at the seminar; they're the kind of thing she looks for.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

I don't understand what you mean by "in-between"? I just picked up the box, the one I thought was a Hazel Atlas missing the lid is slightly larger than the matching lid I have and it says SALT on the side of the dish. The oval is smaller than the one I already have. The square one is my favorite. I think it says 800 on one edge and G-A on the other but it might be 008 and C-A?
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

The oval is slightly smaller but taller than the one I had. Here is a picture. That round one in the back has a lid that also works well on a #8 cast iron dutch oven. :D All these little guys need a bath today. I will definitely need a magic eraser for the crevices.
http://i.imgur.com/5NHRS7h.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

They were opal ware (I think), not exactly the same size as the 500 set, and have lids with ridges and PYREX embossed in the middle. In the Mauzy book, pg. 143 and the Rogove-Steinhauer book pg. 117. A lid for a 503 size and one for a size between 501 and 502 are shown.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

Seems like they were from the mid to late 1940s, but the problem is there is a gap in the digitized catalogs.