Today's Haul

Share Your Pyrex Finds & Displays
Doug D.
Site Admin

Today's Haul

Post by Doug D. »

All before 10 a.m. Stopped at a thrift on an alternate route to the office. Everything in the "miscellaneous" area was 50% off. Scored a 471 and a 473 in Colonial Mist with lids, both perfect, two Flavor Saver pie plates in clear, and an unmarked opal loaf pan. $22 for all.
Bonnie Scott

Re: Today's Haul

Post by Bonnie Scott »

That's a great score. I have found that the blue patterned pyrex pieces are very desirable. Some people even have entire hutches full of only blue pieces, my daughter is one of those people. :D I don't think she has this pattern....yet.

I am curious whether the loaf pan seems thicker than a newer loaf pan? I believe some of the oldest pieces of Pyrex were unmarked. The very early pieces would have been opal, I think? Sorry I can't find the chin scratching emoticon. This has me puzzled.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

This is driving me nutty. Did you find an unmarked Opal 503 refrigerator dish? Does it have handles like a loaf pan?
Why does it bother me? Because I have been sitting on the lid for that dish waiting for it's mate. I suspect your "loaf" pan has no handles.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

I meant to say 502 not 503. I was just so flustered. lol
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

No, it has handles. I wasn't paying attention because it wasn't priced, and the guy said $4. I said OK, and then somebody else walked up and started talking to me about Pyrex. I got it home and unwrapped it, and it isn't even Pyrex. Duh...
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

Ok...I think the loaf pan on this page is actually what my lid belongs to. It is so cool. I have never seen one and the holder is super cool. This is an oldie.
http://www.1stopretroshop.com/retro-vin ... f-pans.htm
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

The one here is apparently unmarked Fire King. And it's not like I don't know the physical differences between Pyrex and F-K. I just need to practice what I preach and pay attention.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

I bet the logo on the Pyrex piece in the link I posted looks just like this one. It's a little too pricey for me. I will be patient and continue to hope to find one in the wild.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

After a little research and some close inspection with a magnifying glass I have decided I was right and I was wrong. :lol: The lid I have is a 593 which fits a 212 but not the loaf pan version of the 212 instead it's the earlier refrigerator version minus the handles. I see them on ebay from anywhere from 9$ up to $75.