Pyrex Presto lids

Share Your Pyrex Finds & Displays
BeckyE

Pyrex Presto lids

Post by BeckyE »

I found two of these lids in different sizes at a thrift store. I think they were $0.75 each or something. They are in great condition.

There is a starburst in the centre. Ovals and diamonds around the rim. They are not etched, but more of a raised pattern. The handles are square. One handle has PYREX on it (in all CAPS), the other has Presto in script.

I don't know what they belong to and can't seem to find any good info online. Anyone familiar with these?
Doug D.
Site Admin

Re: Pyrex Presto lids

Post by Doug D. »

Similar ones with knob handles seen online appear to be for crock pot type slow cookers.
BeckyE

Post by BeckyE »

I have seen those photos online. Neither of these have a knob.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

Hi Becky, When I was a kid my mom had a Presto electric fry pan. We didn't have crock pots back then. Here is a Presto fry pan/casserole that I think your lid may belong to. I am thinking there was also a glass bottom to the dish that inserted into the fry pan making it the original crock pot. I am only speculating of course. I can't find a picture of the complete set.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-PRESTO- ... 7675.l2557" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;