Genuine Opal 404

Share Your Pyrex Finds & Displays
Bonnie Scott

Genuine Opal 404

Post by Bonnie Scott »

I was pretty happy to come across this one a couple days ago for $12. It's the big 4 quart and there is no stamp. It does have what appears to be a small 29 on the bottom.
http://imgur.com/a/5PXX4
Doug D.
Site Admin

Re: Genuine Opal 404

Post by Doug D. »

I have two 401s and a 403. One 401 has a mold number, the other two are completely blank.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

I am curious what the mold number is? Is it also in the 20s? I will be on the hunt now for the rest of the set.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

The mold number is 29. The 401 with no mark at all has a slightly concave bottom and is thicker at the top.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

I found the 404 today for $3 (bargained down from $5). Mold # is 37.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

I saw that, I got super jealous when I saw you got it for three bucks. I know it's not a competition but I really like winning. I'm determined to find the rest cheap though, I will resist the temptation to spend big to complete the set. I'm going to Round Top Antique show in TX at the end of this month, maybe I can find some then.
MDFraley

Post by MDFraley »

Bonnie Scott wrote:I saw that, I got super jealous when I saw you got it for three bucks. I know it's not a competition but I really like winning. I'm determined to find the rest cheap though, I will resist the temptation to spend big to complete the set. I'm going to Round Top Antique show in TX at the end of this month, maybe I can find some then.

Maybe I will run into you at Round Top Bonnie. I try to go at least once a year since they have a Spring and Fall show. I may be packing iron and not Pyrex. I haven't had much luck here of late.
There's just some areas that don't have a lot to pick from and since I'm new at this it's taking me longer to get the hang of which pieces to look for. In any case good luck and hope you find what your looking for.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

Oh my gosh Michael, I would love to meet you, hopefully we will run into each other. I will be wearing a hat like this one, if you see me please come over and say hi. :lol:
http://www.villagehatshop.com/product/b ... AuPK8P8HAQ