Todays finds

Share Your Pyrex Finds & Displays
Bonnie Scott

Todays finds

Post by Bonnie Scott »

Today I found a 403 Amish butterprint that I gave 12$ for. I know that's high but the condition was excellent. I also found a 444 butterfly gold for 7$ that's just as minty. This Butterfly seems more orange than normal. I know they made 2 versions so I will have to check the guide to see which one it is.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Re: Todays finds

Post by Doug D. »

Sounds like the later version, pattern not symmetrical.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

You are right Doug, the flowers look like a bouquet tied with a ribbon.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

I stopped by a store I have never been into before. They had rusty stuff sitting out front so I felt compelled to go inside. Inside I found these for 7$ each.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

The shop owner said they were her mothers. She said she had more at home and would bring them into the shop tomorrow. :D
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

Doug, I do read your articles and enjoy them. I read your November article about colors. This space saver is not the primary yellow and it is not faded. It is the pale buttery yellow so I am assuming it was made in the 50s based on your info. Correct me if I am wrong.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

If you're referring to the dish in the photo upthread, that's not a Space Saver, but rather a 503 refrigerator dish, but I'm thinking you know that. Coupled with the fluted underside lid (if original), and if it's not the same yellow as the multi-color/primary, it must be from a Town & Country #500 set, the only other one with a yellow 503. If that''s the case, it looks like it would have to be ~ 1965-1967, since it doesn't appear the #500s were offered in T&C when it first came out. Photos in the 1965 catalog support it being that butter shade of yellow. Photos in the 1967 catalog, though, make all the T&C yellows look a bright yellow, like the daisy 501s.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

Thank you, I did know it was a refrigerator dish but I still called it a space saver. Oops. I really should get the books so I can study more. I found this picture of the set on pinterest. It is an odd collection of colors. I would have never guessed they went together as a set. That sure looks like mine on the bottom.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/22869910581845459/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;