Pyrex Hunting Today

Share Your Pyrex Finds & Displays
Doug D.
Site Admin

Re: Pyrex Hunting Today

Post by Doug D. »

Bonnie Scott wrote:The FlameGlo is my favorite. I see a 401 on ebay that looks pretty nice. That pink sure doesn't look pink to me.
I also have the FlameGlo 402, which has the fade in the same direction, the 401 and 403 have it the opposite. And while it looks cool when they are stacked, I would have preferred it if the whole set was like the 402 and 404.

It's definitely pink not orange. Maybe a daylight photo will make a difference.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

Today's haul:
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

What is that green one on top? Is it the Verde? I like that you found the divided lid, I always see these being sold with the wrong lid on them. I see you have the Woodlands in there, that is Jessie's first ever Pyrex. You had a really good hunting day. :D
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

A Verde 472, decorated opal lid, so 1972 only. Wish me luck finding the rest of the 470s with the same lids.

At some point, the divided casseroles were sold with the undivided lids, so depending on the dish, it's hard to say if an undivided lid is original or not.

The stack on the left all came from different stores. The stack on the right all from the same store, and except for the Autumn Harvest, all from the same booth.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

This is why you go back this week to the same store you went to last week. One of these things was 20% off, and the other was $10 (plus tax). Care to guess which was which?
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

If you got those balloons for 10$ I am going to chew nails and spit barbed wire!
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

I went back to a flea market I have had some luck at because, when I got the Horizon Blue 043 last week, the seller was there and said she would bring in some other pieces she had. When I returned, there was only a Butterfly Gold 1 473 marked $14 and a 474 marked $18. BFG isn't really high on my list of patterns to pay top dollar for. I didn't have the 474, but figured I could wait for one cheaper elsewhere. Moving on, I wandered to a spot in the place not known for ever having Pyrex, and there was the Balloons set sitting on top of a turquoise chalk painted dresser. I peered down into the big bowl and saw the sticky note price tag, "$10 Set". I followed my own advice: remained calm, quickly did the due diligence, and found both bowls to be 10/10. Took it to the counter for safekeeping, and then rationalized paying the $18 for the BFG 474 as a part of my good fortune. Took that to the counter, too, checked out, and the cashier started mumbling about ".80 times 18". Apparently the dealer was doing 20% off on everything that day, so $14.40 on the BFG1 474.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

That is the main reason I collect, so I can feel that rush of adrenaline when I find something special for such a low price. My heart keeps pounding until I get it safely out of the store. I often imagine if you checked security camera footage at the store I would look all sketchy like a shoplifter. :lol:
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

Today: Verde 024. No damage whatsoever. With a 684 lid, this was probably from a promo set, but one without a candle warmer.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

What year do you think that Verde was made? Do you think it is really old or do you think they recycled an old pattern to make it?