Pyrex Hunting Today

Share Your Pyrex Finds & Displays
Doug D.
Site Admin

Re: Pyrex Hunting Today

Post by Doug D. »

Less than $10 at the thrift store today.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

Found the 443 I needed to complete this Town & Country 440 set today. And, as it always seems, that final piece is the most costly of them all, even with a 30% off discount. Mint, though. The 441 is not as dark brown as it appears here.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

So, I'm walking around the antique mall, and it's not like I don't have both hands full of Pyrex already, when I spot this stack of Horizon Blue pixies. I peer into the top one and see $25 on the tag, and think, hmm, that's a little strong for a pixie, even if it is HB. Then I see the (6) on the tag. Then, I turn and see the sign that says "entire booth 20% off". Cha-ching.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

Those pixies are adorable. :D
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

Another fridgie set complete. Town & Country standard version, 1963. The 503 may look like a regular multicolor yellow on some devices, but it's not the same.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

Space Saver casseroles debuted in the US in 1957 with a 548 shallow and a 575 deep version. This one, however, is a 2162 "deep oblong casserole" from the "Gaiety" range, first offered by UK Pyrex maker James A. Jobling & Co. in 1958, according to thatretropiece.com (@thatretropiece). Differences include the trademark and that the UK model and mold numbers are on the undersides of the dish handles. Lid handle tops are flat, not contoured like the US version. The decoration is also printed slightly lower on the JAJ version. Although tarnished, the stand appears unused, as does the dish.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

That is really pretty. Is this the beginning of a JAJ collection?
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

Not if I have to pay international shipping. I saw this in the first hour it was listed, and apparently got a very good deal on it.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

Cross one off the bucket list, as a complete set, anyway. Went to a new place today. Walked in the door, and the first piece of Pyrex I saw was a pink Gooseberry 442 marked $45. This isn't going to be good, I thought. My wife opted to wait in the car while I checked to see if the place was even open. I called her to tell her to come on in. I looked at some Pyrex in another room, and she headed toward the back. I saw her from across the store giving a look like I needed to come see something. Headed towards her, and she was standing guard over this. Looked at the tag, "Pyrex 3 piece set, $50." It gets better. Took it to the register, and was told I could have 10% off. :D
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

This was in the room I was looking when my wife came into the store. They were priced decently enough, much better than the $45 lone pink Gooseberry. Noticed a sign, "All glassware this room 30% off".