Pyrex Hunting Today

Share Your Pyrex Finds & Displays
Bonnie Scott

Re: Pyrex Hunting Today

Post by Bonnie Scott »

You guys did good. It's so fun when you have someone to hunt with that knows what you like. That was quite the score on that Penn Dutch, I'm pretty sure you got the whole set for less than most charge for the plate alone.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

Found this mint Friendship 503 at the same place I found the mint, complete Penn Dutch on Monday.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

Went to a new place Sunday. Saw on its facebook page there was likely some Pyrex to be had. Looked around the entire place, but only saw a Butterprint 444. Saw a sign on a rear door with a notice to check out the back cottage. It was mostly furniture, but there was a yellow and a blue 502. Flipped over the blue, and yup, Horizon Blue. Went back to the front house to pay and was told to be sure to check out the second floor. There was a 400 Multicolor set and a few other pieces. Turned around to go back downstairs, and sitting on a table across the room was a Horizon Blue 503.

Oh, almost forgot. On Saturday I found a 933 lasagna pan, Daisy orange, at the place I got the Penn Dutch and the Friendship 503.

Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

1958 "Golden Hearts" 045 promo. Originally supplied with dual-candle warmer identical in all respects to the one that came with 1957 "Lace Medallion"' with the exception that the plastic handles on the GH warmer are the thicker ones. This one passed the backlight test with flying colors. The decoration was a bit mottled-looking, but a brief, gentle once-over with a sprinkle of BKF on a wet paper towel and we are back to mint. Now to find that candle warmer...
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

A couple of pairs of 501s to start new hunts to complete the sets. Woodland and Autumn Harvest.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

With the candle warmer I paid up for on eBay. Then I found another thrifting for $3. :roll:
This one is unusual, though. The inside of the oval ring is stamped CORNING WARE in two places.