Pyrex Hunting Today

Share Your Pyrex Finds & Displays
Doug D.
Site Admin

Re: Pyrex Hunting Today

Post by Doug D. »

Jay.S wrote:Photos to come! I just bought a hot air balloon chip and dip set AND a 442 Butterprint Cinderella bowl all for $15! :shock: There is no bracket for the set, but I didn't argue with that price!
I gave more than that for just a BP 442. But I gave less than that for the Balloons. :mrgreen:
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

Oh my gosh Jay, 15$?? That is so cool!! Doug, you and your cradles are driving me crazy. The only cradle I have found is the UFO for $1. :lol:
Jay.S

Post by Jay.S »

As promised, the chip and dip set and blueprint in action!
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

After a week-long road trip and almost 3000 miles, I've managed to make it home in one piece and with a few goodies. You can see the best of them here:

https://www.instagram.com/thepyrexcollector/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

You found some nice ones, I think the Bar code is my favorite. I have a question about the Friendship, how did you manage to make the font red and orange speckled? Do you do that in windows paint?
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

Paintshop Pro allows text to have both a color and a border color. It's just a red border and orange in the middle, but processing artifacts getting it into instagram make it look speckled.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

After you posted the Barcode on instagram I went hunting for other pictures and variations. The blue one that Meg has posted is my favorite. I saw a orange one on ebay but the condition was rough.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/hotforpyrex/19127898049/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

I am really digging those opal refrigerator dishes. Why don't you post pictures here anymore? :cry:
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

Completed this set today. Found nothing in any of the 5 other places I visited. Then went to a place I expected to find nothing and there were the 501s I was missing.