Pyrex Hunting Today

Share Your Pyrex Finds & Displays
Doug D.
Site Admin

Re: Pyrex Hunting Today

Post by Doug D. »

Today's road trip:
I actually bought two Floral Bubbles, one for what I thought was an OK price, then found the other for nearly half that. :roll:

Blue Dot!
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

OMG you found the fetus bowl. That is so cool. I have never seen one in real life. It is a pretty color. That blue dot hits the spot! :lol:
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

Bit the bullet and paid the "firm" price on the Dot, but it's about the same condition-wise as the orange, maybe a bit better. The Pink Daisy from the same booth was 15% off. The Hidden Baby has a pretty good scratch on one side at the bottom, but it was cheap enough to take anyway.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

The green dot must be hard to come by. This one on ebay is up to 63$ not counting the shipping cost and I would not call the condition very good.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pyrex-GREEN-Dot ... SwhkRWgdPt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am going to have to keep my eyes open for one of the Pyrex quilted cozy's that came with that flowered casserole. That is new to me also. I always do a quick check for vintage linens while thrifting so maybe I will find one.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

There was also a Horizon Blue #500 set at one place for $65. The 502 was scratched up, wrong lid, wasn't sure it wasn't just a regular blue 502 anyway; and I already had the 503. Wasn't paying that much to get two blue 501s. No luck yet on a HB 402.

That green Dot doesn't look all that bad, except for the price. Never mind, I just looked at all the photos. Actually, I had seen that one before. Pass.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

These are so cool. Not a scratch.
Image Image
Little Joe backstamp.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

Those are cool. Is that a green stripe? How old do you think they are? I see that Corning continued to use the Gaffer stamp after buying out MacBeth-Evans but I am not sure how long they used it. I thought that was an indication that the dish was very old but now I am not sure. I also must say the dividers remind me of a colonial skillet.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

Yes, double green stripe, to match the bowls and coffee cups. I need 4 saucers.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

Today's pick. Can you use your knowledge of Pyrex patterns or the resources on the website to deduce what size bowl this is without a visual frame of reference?
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

No and I even tried cheating. :lol: