Copper Filigree plate

Share Your Pyrex Finds & Displays
Bonnie Scott

Copper Filigree plate

Post by Bonnie Scott »

I was curious about the name of my daily dishes so I started hunting around on ebay for something with a name on it and I came up with Copper Filigree. The strange thing is that mine say Fire-King on the back stamp but I found the same dish with a Pyrex Back stamp.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Pyrex-Copper- ... SwDNdVlG2s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would have thought Fire King and Pyrex to be competitors and would not have expected them to use the same patterns.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Re: Copper Filigree plate

Post by Doug D. »

Searching "copper filigree plate" on eBay returns Pyrex, Anchor, and F-K, all with similar decoration. The F-K I'm seeing, however, the decoration is only partial compared to the others.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

I saw that the full size plates had a full print of the pattern and the salad plates and bowls seem to have only half a version of the pattern. I am assuming that it would allow restaurants to order replacement dishes from any of the sellers.
Jeff Tevyaw

Post by Jeff Tevyaw »

Pyrex and AH/FK made nearly identical restaurant ware lines. Some of the patterns were nearly identical too.

Michael Barber found records of litigation. It seems that since government contracts were involved both companies got to continue production. Anchor Hocking continued production after Pyrex stopped in 1978, so many customers just reordered from AH/FK.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

That is interesting stuff Jeff. I love learning new Pyrex information. It seems like there is always something new to discover.