Americana

Share Your Pyrex Finds & Displays
Bonnie Scott

Americana

Post by Bonnie Scott »

I just made a deal for this set I found on craigslist. I am still trying to determine which americana they where made to go with?
Doug D.
Site Admin

Re: Americana

Post by Doug D. »

They are Americana/Earthtones bowls, but were made a part of the Early American pattern collection.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

The seller delivered these bowls this morning and they are beautiful. Her name is Jenna and I am hoping to recruit her to the site. She also has a case of Pyrexia Nervousis. She said she is a member of an AZ Pyrex group on facebook. :D
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

There's a set at one of my usual Pyrex hunting spots. I will have to take a closer look at their condition if they're still there next time.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

IMO I don't think these really match the Americana very well. I have a set of Autumn Harvest stored under the house. I am going to have to pull them out and see how they look next to each other. This is a picture of the set I have. I am thinking they match better.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

This was also the same catalog that had turquoise Snowflake, Butterprint, and Multitone Blue bowls mashed up to make "Turquoise". Snowflakes and farmers don't really go together, either.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

I would love to look at that catalog. Did you have to buy it or did you find it online? I am always amazed with the info you come up with.

They should have named this set 1970's appliance colors. :lol:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3_ka9GIxmDw/U ... s+1970.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

As I mentioned before, there are hundreds of scanned Pyrex-related documents at the Rakow library site, 50 or more in Pyrex catalogs alone. Many are from Dianne Williams' collection, as well as donations from Corning, Inc. and individuals. Not everything that comes up in a database search has an online viewable digitized document, though. Some you have to go to the library itself to look at; some things can be sent to your local library through a lending program. I have a feeling that a bunch of Pyrex stuff was very recently digitized in anticipation of potential use on the CMOG Pyrex Potluck site coinciding with the 100th anniversary. When I was at the library in October, I used my tablet (they have wi-fi) instead of their terminals, and all the catalogs and ads I viewed were downloaded to it, so I had about 20 of them to peruse in my downtime during the week.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

Right after you posted the catalog photo I went searching for it. I went over to the CMOG website but got the feeling it was something I had to put in a request for. It might be worth the effort because I sure enjoyed seeing the picture you posted.
The photo really seems to try to force the matching thing by putting the striped background behind the whole bunch.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

The database entries that have no scanned document online give that impression, but just look in each search result that comes up, there are many that do. There are still gaps in the catalogs, which is frustrating, but I have found new things have been added since I got back from Corning.