Americana

Share Your Pyrex Finds & Displays
Bonnie Scott

Re: Americana

Post by Bonnie Scott »

Or maybe I will just keep buying Pyrex and posting it here so I can pull the whole catalog out of you one page at a time. :D
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

http://rakow.cmog.org/vwebv/search?sear ... ton=Search" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

OMG..I am in heaven. I have the Pyrex dinnerware handy storage rack. I just thought it was cool, I didn't know it was Pyrex! It is in the 1955 dealer catalog.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

Page 7 of the 1972 catalog has a Flameware handle attached to a white dish. Is there such a thing as Opal Flameware? It looks like a square casserole but it is sitting on a stove burner.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

Uh oh, I think I broke the link. Maybe I need to register with the site? It was sure fun looking at those catalogs. Thanks Doug.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

The photo on pdf file pg. 8 of a 1972 catalog, one which has a cored apple and cinnamon rolls in it, has a Corning Ware Counter Range pan with the detachable handle on it sitting on the glass cooktop. Counter Range cookware pieces were in all respects identical to other Corning Ware with the exception that their bottoms were perfectly flat and smooth, in order to make flush contact with the cooktop surface. Very annoying to my Mother, who already had a full set of Corning Ware in 1970 when she got a Counter Range and had to buy all new CW to cook with on it. Or saucepans at least.

Registration on the Rakow site is not required.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

I have a couple of the Glas Snap tumblers. Those things are so stupid. I didn't like them in the 70s but I had to buy a couple when I came across them because they made me laugh. I think it was a Star Trek inspired Pyrex.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

I went to 3 thrift stores today and all I found was a Pyrex sculptured casserole I saw in the 1972 catalog I got it for 50c. I brought it home and started googling pictures and I realized the lid I use for my cast iron # 8 DO is one of the lids to this set. It fits like a glove. The circles on it are similar to the Wagner Ware lids.
https://img1.etsystatic.com/031/0/91998 ... 3_3tt5.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

I gave this set to my sister yesterday. Jess and I were trying to explain to her why they can't be washed in the dishwasher and we couldn't. It's not the heat because you can cook in them so it must be the detergent. Is that correct? I don't have a dishwasher so I am not sure.

I also read somewhere that this stuff works great on Pyrex. I am going to have to order a tube and find out for myself.
http://www.caswellplating.com/buffing-p ... -100g.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

It's the detergent and the heat together. But mostly the detergent.

Dianne Williams told me about using Never-Dull metal polish on Pyrex black marks. I got a can, and there were some on one piece it did an amazing job of removing. Then there was another piece it didn't do very well on, so I tried BKF instead and it worked.