Blue Delphite

General Pyrex Topics and Q&A
Bonnie Scott

Blue Delphite

Post by Bonnie Scott »

I found a Blue delphite divided dish this morning for $2.50. My daughter said she almost paid $20 for one last week. :D
Doug D.
Site Admin

Re: Blue Delphite

Post by Doug D. »

Must be nice to find a 1063 other than opal white. Seems I can't go anywhere without tripping over 2 or 3 of them per stop.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

This one doesn't have a lid. If I came by an opal cheap with a lid I would grab it just for the lid. Those divided lids are nice. I see a lot of these being sold with the casserole lid instead of the original divided lids. This must be an oval day for me. I found a Magnalite oval roaster at the scrapyard that looks like it was never used, aside from a little dust and bird droppings it looked nice for $10.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

A 1063 doesn't have a lid. An 063 does.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

I learn something new everyday. :D I also found a really big aluminum oval server. It seems I am going to have to run to the store for Dawn power scrubber.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

Dawn Power Dissolver, which is what you want, has been discontinued, apparently.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

Dag gonnit! :evil:
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

As an aside, I tried DPD once on baked-on brown on Pyrex and it didn't budge. BKF and a damp paper towel, and it came off in 2 seconds.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

I used BKF on the Magnalite and it shined up real pretty. I did the bottom surface with a brillo but I didn't want to take any chances on the shiney stuff. ;) The big tray is a Household institute and I think brillo will make it look nice.
Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott »

I called the big aluminum dish a tray but it's actually a shallow roaster. It's big enough to cook a turkey in. I think this one will take longer to clean than the magnalite did. I only found one picture like it in a google search.