Unknown Pyrex need help identifying

General Pyrex Topics and Q&A
JimmyR

Unknown Pyrex need help identifying

Post by JimmyR »

I bought this at a garage sale in Sun City CA cannot find any information on this piece. Here is the info i have hope someone can help me with this.

Thank you

2 QT. SERVER
# 215 WITH SINGLE BURNER STAND
RARE PATTERN
9 1/2 by 5
MARKED 215 B #5 ON BOTTOM
MARKED 215 C A-6 ON LID
PYREX STAMP ON LID AS WELL
BEAUTIFUL GOLD 50'S DESIGN
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doug D.
Site Admin

Re: Unknown Pyrex need help identifying

Post by Doug D. »

Most likely produced by a third party like Georges Briard, with Corning's only input being the manufacture of the undecorated pan and lid.
JimmyR

Post by JimmyR »

Here are some more photos. Me and my wife are garage sale, Estate sale buyers never seen anything like this before. I don't think this is third party at all maybe these photos can help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JimmyR

Post by JimmyR »

heres the side view
JimmyR

Post by JimmyR »

Looked up Georges Briard thank you this may be a possibility. But i'm still not sure the flame on the sides and top is in the glass not painted on. and the pattern with circles and squares could be etched not sure. i don't have enough knowledge on this. By the way thank you so much for your help.
JimmyR

Post by JimmyR »

Here are photos of the lid numbers and Pyrex stamp

I re-looked at the finish and i maybe wrong i really cant figure this one out but it does have a different number on the lid MARKED 215 C A-6 ON LID What does the A-6 stand for ?
Doug D.
Site Admin

Post by Doug D. »

215 is the model number. B means bowl or base. C means cover. Since each shape needs a unique model number, it was a simple way to indicate the cover fit the dish, using the same number on both, but with the letter to differentiate the individual pieces. A-6 is the mold identifier, meaning the piece was pressed in that unique molding apparatus.

See also: http://www.pyrexcollector.com/models.php
JimmyR

Post by JimmyR »

Thank you so much i appropriate the knowledge. i'm a baby Pyrexer new to the club. This site is great i am learning so much about Pyrex. i live in between two retirement community and have seen some great Pyrex pieces in Garage sales and Estate Sales. Thank you.
JimmyR

Post by JimmyR »

I just put it up for sale on Ebay here is the link if you are intrested Thanks you for your help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PYREX-1950S-2-Q ... Sw8w1X-p3c